Saturday, April 28, 2012

October Baby

I wasn't really sure what to expect about this movie.� All I know was that it had to do something with abortion...and that it was from a Christian perspective.� I had only read a brief (very brief) synopsis on it, and that ^ was all I had gathered from it.
Three of my friends (Breanna, Daniel, Michael) and I decided to go see it altogether one evening.� It was a good time to just crash and watch a good movie.�
I had only heard good reports about it, so...needless to say, I was interested in watching it.� And yes, looking forward to it.
This was only Hannah's second movie.� And honestly, I could not believe that.� She did amazing!
So brilliant and just...honest-feeling in her actions and the way she spoke.� A natural actress!� And I just loved her.
I could totally sense and relate to what Hannah was feeling because of Rachel's ability to make you see into her person.
Hannah is a young teenager...trying to find her place in this world.� Who she really is.� What she wants to become.� She has many physical issues and through a series of circumstances, finds out that her dad and mom aren't her real parents.� That she was adopted.��
She is torn between the anger that she has against the people who she thought were her biological parents all these 19 years and wanting to find out who her REAL parents are, she embarks on a journey with some friends.
I'm afraid I can't give away too much of the movie (or its characters) so please forgive me if this post is sparse of actors and photos... :/
Aww, Jason!!� Such a sweet guy.� A perfect gentleman.� Kind to a fault.
�I absolutely loved Jason and Rachel's relationship...it was sweet, beautiful and pure.� They were just best friends.
�This ^ scene was so heart-warming.� Jason just knew that she needed a hug, to be held, to know that she was loved.� Kinda got me that lonely feeling...brought some tears to my eyes :)
They could've easily put a little kiss in here, but...they didn't.� It was awesome and so very refreshing to see!
The romantic side of me just had to throw this pic ^ in here ;)
This is the 4th movie I've seen John in, and in my opinion, his best so far.� Loved his acting!� He plays such a good father role.
The relationship he has with Hannah is, of course, put to the test with her finding out the truth of her being adopted.� There is much tension between them through a lot of the movie, but there were some tender scenes...such as this one:
...that made me think of my own Daddy.
Honestly, as soon as the movie was over and I was back home at my friend's house, I e-mailed my parents and told them that they HAD to see this movie...and that for some reason, it reminded me of me and my parents.� Not that I'm adopted or anything of that sort, but just...the love that they have for me...and that I KNOW how much they care for me...all of that wrapped me up in the movie's story.� The love that her parents have for her (even though they're not her biological parents) is just God-made and inspiring...
Honestly, I wish they would've included the mom a bit more.� She's only in a few scenes...a couple in which she only says a few words and one in which it's very emotional.� That one, though, is the only one that you actually get to see and know what and who she really is.
Anyway, to wrap this review up, I think this movie was amazing.��
I thought that it would be fairly predictable but there were so many twists and turns, I just gave up on trying to figure out what was going to happen next. :)��
It was inspiring....We need more movies like this.
It was a blessing....To see how well they portrayed the evils of abortion, but the blessings of life and adoption.
It was beautiful...In the portrayance of forgiveness and everlasting love.
If you haven't seen it, you should.� I would recommend it as a family movie, but please preview it before letting a younger audience view it.�
If you have seen it, did you like it?
If you haven't, do you plan on it? :)

Get Edu Backlinks Get Edu Links Buy Edu Links Edu Links How To Get Edu Links Edu Backlinks Service Backlinks Service Link Building Services Edu Backlinks Buy Edu Backlinks

No comments:

Post a Comment