Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Review of Brandon Heath's - Don't Get Comfortable


Snuggle in your bed, with a plate of chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and join me in ?listening? to Brandon Heath?s debut album?if you don?t have some cookies on hand, here?I?m sending you one virtually.
Brandon Heath + cpbccc = a really good blog post! Just sayin? ;)
?You know we don?t have to wait until the end of the night. Just to say that something?s wrong and maybe nobody?s right. We?re all victims in a battle, we never had to fight. It?s okay, it?s all right. Steady now; we?re in this thing together.?
I love the music in the chorus. Great beat and very flowing. This song is very encouraging, because it?s talking about how we?re all facing trials and hardships?we?re in it altogether. Everyone is experiencing some sort of storm in their life. We are here to encourage and strengthen each other. Steady now.
Beautiful song. Brandon is talking about how he is just a part of the body of Christ. And that any good part in him, only comes by and through Jesus Christ.
?I?m just a simple man. A little part of a bigger plan. Anything that gives me worth, comes from You. So take the rest of me. ?Cuz you got the best of me. Anything good in me comes from You.?
Don?t Get Comfortable ?
?I?m gonna show you what I mean. I?m am gonna love like you?ve never seen. You are gonna live like you used to dream. This is your new song.?
Our God Reigns ?
This is a song that I can picture Chris Tomlin singing. Such a beautiful worship song?could totally be used at a church?s worship service.
#1 favorite song in this whole album.
This song reminds me of the verse in Matthew (16:2), where Jesus says: ??When it is evening, you say, ?It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.?
The music to this song is so beautiful and soothing. ::sighs:: Just love it!
?Cuz everybody has to choose?sink or swim? Win or lose? No, not everybody gets it right. Fight or fly? So will you decide??
A very challenging song. It?s up to US to decide who we are to be in Christ. Will we let things beat us and not remember that Jesus is our strength? Will we ignore things that are happening in our lives ? in this world ? or will we realize that God has put us on this earth to give us an opportunity to further His kingdom?
I?m sure a lot of you may be wondering who Brandon wrote this song to. He shared with us at his concert that he wrote it to his step-mother. I think it?s a beautiful song of repentance and apology. My Dad loves this song so much, because it?s almost like his own testimony. He sometimes says that if he the opportunity to talk to a former friend from school, this song is basically what he would tell them.
Love the guitar in this song, by the way. :) I always thought there two, but nope! Just one! Brandon plays both parts at once. I thought that was pretty cool :)
I?m just gonna call this a love song, because?well?it is. :P
?Running through the yard. Splashing through puddles with you without regard. Do you think the neighbors will care? So what if they do? They?ll just stare. Kids will all say that it?s not fair. The way that we love. The way that we laugh?so let?s make it last.?
This song is representing God talking to His children.
?So come to me weary now and I will lay you down?come set your burden free, I will set you free??
God is on our side. If we need to, we can hide in Him. He loves us, He will never let us go, He will never leave our side. He always holds us in His hands. Praise the LORD!
I?m not completely sure of the meaning of this song. I?m usually able to interpret what the artist is trying to convey to their listeners, but with song, I?m not so sure. The only theory that I have come up with is this:
Brandon is showing himself as a witness of how hard it is to travel on the narrow path. But he?s encouraging the fellow sojourners with him to ?stay close, you people with your broken hearts?as we move towards the light.? Does that sound about right? I?m willing to hear others? opinions. :)
I actually had a guy bring up this song to me trying to use it against Brandon ? and his motive and ministry. The person was saying how Brandon ?never focuses on the things of God? but on ?either himself or others?. Yeah?that was a very interesting conversation. :P BUT, I turned around and threw this song right back at him, using it to defend Brandon?
?So breathe. Life will surprise you. Just being is what the world denies you. You see that truth is all around you. Believe.?
That?s just the chorus of the song, but you can see that he is encouraging us to notice the beauty divine around us and in one of the verses, he says: ?He makes Himself known to us. In His own time??and that is followed by the chorus. I think that?s pretty obvious, huh? :)
I have all of Brandon Heath?s albums, so I?m thinking of doing reviews on all of them?yes or no?

Fundango Movies Local Movies Listings Movies Coming Out Movies New Releases Hindi Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment