Saturday, September 24, 2011

Interview with: Charmaine


Charmaine, thanks so much for taking the time to do this interview for my blog! I really appreciate it ? especially knowing that you have so much more important things to be doing. Love you, girl!
Miss Raquel: Could you please introduce yourself to our readers?and tell us a little about yourself.
Charmaine: Well, I?m originally from Australia. I was born into a family that did full-time music ministry so I ended up being born on a Tour, in West Covina LA :) So the rest of my family in Australia didn?t get to meet me until the end of the Tour!
Miss Raquel: So how did you get started in the music career? I hear that your parents were performing artists??
Charmaine: I was born into it :)
Miss Raquel: I heard that you sang back-up for Rebecca St. James. Could you tell us a little about your relationship with her?
Charmaine: It was her family that brought me from Australia to be a part of her managements Label which was ?Elevate Records?, I opened for her and also did back-up singing. It was such an amazing experience to be a part of her team. I learned a lot from her! At times we were the only 2 girls on the road. She was a great encouragement and example to me - my big sis!
Miss Raquel: Had you always wanted to be a singer? If not, when did your passion for music begin?
Charmaine: For me there wasn?t much of a ?beginning? because i was literally immersed into it. I decided to make it my ministry when i was about 11yrs though.
Charmaine: No. I wish my parents made me learn piano, though.
Miss Raquel: Where did you find your band?s musicians? Could you tell us a little about them?
Charmaine: At this point there has not been a set band. when i head out on tour this spring with ?Press Play? and Rachael Lampa, I will select peeps to join me on a regular basis.
Miss Raquel: Who were some artists that really encouraged you to move ahead?
Charmaine: Rebecca. Stephanie Smith. Rachael Lampa
Miss Raquel: When did your first album come out? What was your first single?
Charmaine: Wow...ages ago. my first album was in Australia. But the 2nd album ?All about Jesus? was done in the US. and i think the first single was ?I love you Lord?.
Miss Raquel: Have you toured very much?
Charmaine: Well i?ve just released my first album last spring. New stuff won?t be out till the end of this year!
Miss Raquel: What is one thing that the LORD has showed you through your experience as a recording artist?
Charmaine: To simply trust.
Miss Raquel: Do you ever have back-up artists sing with you?
Charmaine: ummm only for fun :)
Miss Raquel: What are some fun random facts that you could share with us? :)
Charmaine: I?m a nerd. Matrix is my number 1 fav movie.
Miss Raquel: What are some things that you want people to see through you and your music?
Charmaine: A glimpse of the ?real reality?. To know Love Himself a little better to know, in-spite of their situation (good or bad) that, ?there?s more to the story then this?. To know this Love Reality is to know Him.
Miss Raquel: In closing, if there was one thing that you could tell to every girl in the world, what would you say?
Charmaine: Look to Him. Love Himself. Find your value and joy in Him! In Him all things are Beautiful, New and Strong! Knowing that outward beauty, a boyfriend, a job, status, does not save you or make you! Only He can do what we cannot. He IS life. The life you?ve always wanted.

Jennie Finch Jennifer Aniston Jennifer Gareis Jennifer Garner Jennifer Gimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment