Thursday, October 20, 2011

Courageous

I know you all have been waiting on this movie review, but...I wanted to take my time in writing it, so I could give more people the opportunity to go and see it before I wrote it. :D haha
I went and saw it with three of my church friends - Breana, Michael and Michelle.� We were planning on going to the 7:00 showing, but when we got there tickets were SOLD OUT!

'Well, let's just stay till the next showing!' was Michael's suggestion.

...which wasn't till 10:15PM

'Okay!' we all agreed.

We hung out at Starbuck's and walked around Bridgeport until the movie started.

When it did, there were only about 14 other people in the theater (besides our group)...which made it all the more fun to be loud (laughing and crying).

Well, anyway...on to the review. ;)

This movie is the beautiful story about five men who take the Biblical initiative to stand up and be the men and leaders in their households.

I think that Courageous is the best movie that Sherwood Pictures has made
and
I think it's the best that Alex Kendrick has acted in.

His character in this movie was strong...calm...respected...and funny.
I think he fit the part very well.

And it's not like it's totally focused on him, either.� Because in Flywheel and Facing the Giants, Alex was more of the 'star' of the movie.

In Courageous, there are 5 stars...and he is only one of them.


He was my #3 Favorite character.

Ben Davies as...


David Thomson

I really liked this guy!
I thought he was a good character.� I liked his story.� And Ben did a good job playing it.

He was my #2 Favorite character.

Ken Bevel as...


Nathan Hayes

Enters the best character!!

You may remember Ken from Fireproof - in which he played Michael (the lieutenant at the Albany Fire Station...he played opposite Kirk Cameron).

It may be because I loved his character in Fireproof...
or it may be because his characters always remind me of my Daddy.

But Courageous was no exception.

Ken/Nathan was the best!! :)� My #1 Favorite character.


Kevin Downes as...

Shane Fuller

(Okay, this might sound terrible, but I like this guy's cleft in his chin. :D� I just kept noticing it throughout the movie.)

He was my #5 Favorite character.
He's a great actor, but...
I don't want to spoil the movie for you, so I'll just end it there. :)

Robert Amaya as...

Javier Martinez

haha This guy kept me laughing!!� There is this one scene in particular that the whole theater was just erupting with laughter!



He was my #4 Favorite character.
And ending with him, I think I covered the 5 Stars!
Maybe this wasn't much of a review...
But I didn't want to give away too much of what the story is about.
I would just recommend that you go and see it.
Is there anyone out there who has seen it and agrees with that ^? :D� It'd just be kind of hard to give my full opinion of it, without totally wrecking the surprise of the story itself.
I will say this, though...it had a little bit of everything in it.
Beauty...strength...God...and a little bit of intense moments. :)



PS:� A GREAT family movie!!!� Though I wouldn't recommend it for children under 10.
What did you think of it?

Gabrielle Union Garcelle Beauvais Genelle Frenoy Georgianna Robertson Georgina Grenville

No comments:

Post a Comment